Photo Record
Images
Metadata
Object ID |
2001.041.0036 |
Object Name |
Print, Photographic |
Date |
07/25/1978 |
Description |
The Elks Lodge (on the left), which served as the Elks Lodge from 1923-1978 and was razed in 1988. The Elks Lodge was first organized in Kokomo in 1891 and later built and operated a facility at 2401 S. Webster Street. They now occupy a building on W. Sycmore Street, across from the Howard County Courthouse. The old City Building on the right was built in 1894 and used by the city until the early 1980s, when a new City Hall was built at Sycamore and Union streets. In 1989 the building was purchased and reconstructed for use as offices and meeting rooms. |
Search Terms |
Elks Lodge No. 190 City Building |
Subjects |
Lodges, fraternal City buildings Architectural elements Historic buildings |
